Sunday, March 12, 2006

Hiding The Sun

I wrote this poem during a period when I wasn't drinking. I was actually drunk when I wrote it. I was talking on the phone with someone who thought that I was sober when I wrote it. Ironic I suppose. Whatever, suck my balls!!

I know the truth
I know that you'd pay any price to have it
I know you'd choose
Who'd be the one to have
The one to hold on to
The lies you keep so close
And hold as their your own
Nobody knows
Nobody sees
You Crumbling
But I know the truth

I've seen it too
I've seen it in your eyes but I can't help it
I've seen in you
Things that you tried to hid
The things that keep you
Down in a place no one can find
You hold it as your own
Nobody knows
Nobody sees
You shuddering
But I've seen it too

I hide it too
I hide the sun so I can make sense of it
I hide for you
The things you bring to light
The things that kill you too
And I've never been so cold
But when I'm here all alone
Nobody knows
Nobody hears
Me whispering
'Cause I hide it too

No comments: