Saturday, March 18, 2006

Marketing for Christ - I'm sure he wont mind


I remember this scene from the bible where Jesus goes into the temple and turns over a bunch of tables and drives out all the vendors. I'm no pastor or theologian but I'm pretty sure at least one of the points of that story is that God doesn't want people making ass loads of money by using his name. So I went to Borders today and took a picture of some books by Lee Strobel that are titled A Case for Creation, A Case for Christ, A Case for Faith, and even A Case for Easter!!! Sure, these books may have some great info and insights, but if that's not a marketing device I don't know what is. Man what a douche bag. This seems to happen a lot now days among Christian writers. Click here for another example...If you scroll down enough you'll realize that you can get two books because they're "better together" for the low low price of only $20.78. I think it's retarded. That's it.

No comments: