Tuesday, February 17, 2009

English Coffee

There is no such thing as English Coffee. There is English pisswater in a cup... there is English instant crystals that turn into a coffee-like substance... there is English tea... there is English cafe's... There is no such thing as English coffee.

When I was in London last weekend I went until about 3PM (15:00) without having a cup of coffee. Half way through the morning I realized that I didn't have a headache. I usually have a headache by 11AM if I haven't had a coffee yet. My body is dependent on it and I'm perfectly fine with that.

When I got home on Sunday, Lola told me that they bought a mini French press so I could make real coffee instead of instant. This morning I went to do that. All I found was 'real' decaf coffee in the pantry. Then I looked at the instant coffee that I've been drinking since I got here. IT IS DECAF!!!!

Now, I understand that I have been weened off of caffeine, and more so, the plecebo effect works...since I didn't even realize I was drinking decaf. Well. My life has changed. I don't mind. I suppose it's better for me. They asked me if there's anything I want and I've been considering cutting back on the caffeinated that I drink since I drink more than the average human, so I've decided not to request regular instant coffee, or even the good stuff. I figure if I want it I can pay for it...that's a disincentive for myself.

It was a real surprise this morning, when I discovered all of this, but now I've come to terms with it.

Alright!

No comments: