Monday, March 02, 2009

and so the story goes...

I should be studying for a midterm right now but I've had enough of the damn British empire for a little bit.

So, I finally have my plans for spring break figured out -- I'll be spending two weeks on an organic farm in souther Spain. I'm heading off to Dublin next weekend and the weekend before spring break I'll be heading to Milan.

A few weeks ago we visited London, I may have already put something up about that. This is a picture of Big Ben. It's really not all that exciting. We got a tour of Westminster Palace, that was neat. Last Thursday we went to Oxford. We took a tour of Christ Church College. It's where they guy who wrote Alice in Wonderland taught and where the stuff in the book was inspired from. It's also where the first few Harry Potter films were made...some of the people in my class were way too excited about that part. I knew there is a reason that I think San Jose State is a mediocre pile of crap for a school and that set it in stone. Then again, there's people back home who I really like who might be just as excited so maybe I shouldn't be too hard on 'em.

As for school, it's going pretty well but I have a lot of reading that I can't really get done. So I'm just picking the stuff that actually interests me and going with that. I don't recall if I've posted the courses I'm taking: the history of Empire, a self-guided study/history of anarchist thought, anthropology (we go around to neat stuff in England on Thursdays), and a class on novels. After spring break the dude expects us to read a 600 page novel along with bits of a critique of it within two and a half weeks. This wouldn't be too bad if I didn't have all of the other reading and research papers. With that, I'm a little frustrated with school part but everything else is good.

Pictures!
This is the River Avon that goes through Bath.








This is what it looked like in my back garden when it snowed.















this is their version of living on a boat













this is the intersection I live near...i just thought it was a nice picture.












apparently they even have graffiti in quaint little Bath. I think it's supposed to be George W.







My hat's a hit everywhere. I even met a girl at the Royal Oak one night who was a friend of a friend and she says she always see 'the hat guy' all over town. It's nice.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

cute girl what is her name the one with the kick-ass red hat on. Keep on having fun and we really enjoy your blogs. We love and miss you Dad and Laurie