Friday, March 13, 2009

A night with the Gypos

So, I relay to whoever is paying attention to this a report that is out of chronological order. I should be telling about my weekend in Dublin but something else way funner (excuse the lack of proper english) that happened tonight. I've made this group of friends who I love here in Bath. We always have talks are of history and philosophy and it's always a good time.

Tonight, though, a few gypsies (watch the movie SNATCH to know what I'm talking about) were hanging out at the pub tonight. They were perfectly fine until they stole my hat. My hat is my "kick ass red knit cat" that I wear most of the year. It's become a trademark here in Bath just as it is in the US.

As we were hanging outside these gypsie guys took my hat off my head and continued to walk on. They wouldn't give it back. After walking a few blocks trying to get it from them I punched the bigger one with the dog in the face to stun him, ran up to the other and took my hat off his head -- it was an opportunity that made itself available so I took it...the timing couldn't have been better. This entire time the police were riding along side because they saw the commotion going on but didn't do anything about it. So, while the one guy was stunned I took my hat off the other guy's head and ran so they wouldn't beat me up for stealing MY hat from them.

Fortunately I run fast so they couldn't keep up with me. Now I have my hat. The cop who was watching the whole thing simply turned around and headed back into town. I actually had a conversation with the cop but he was unwilling to do anything for some reason that is unknown to me.

On my way back to the pub a few friends were walking towards the mess to help me out but since it was already taken care of we headed back. Basically, I fought a gypsie, stole from him, and managed to have a good rest of the night.

That was pretty amazing.

4 comments:

Mike Murrow said...

that is funny shit man.

jon is dating an arsonist btw. so you may not have a place to come back to.

the Rob (with one B) said...

an arsonist? Is she a red head?

Mike Murrow said...

YES! holy crap.

the Rob (with one B) said...

I was just going for the 'fire crotch' pun...but from the way you wrote that I think I might be right. My guess is that she used to live somewhere and moved nearby because her old place burned down for no apparent reason...well, maybe a "stove mishap" or something. Watch out, it might be more flammable than the meth lab above you.