Monday, July 13, 2009

NYC update

I haven't posted for a while because I've been crazy busy and way too tired to do anything after work. But, tonight I realized that I should put some updates before I forget.

First, I've been driving around one of my boss's cars. I don't particularly like having to drive places only because the subway is faster sometimes, but I like the driving itself. But, today I managed to either get his car stolen or lost. I have been calling a few of the dozen or so numbers to call and checking online and it hasn't been reported in anywhere yet. Hopefully it's stolen so I don't have to pay an outrageous fine.

Fortunately I had a nice day at the beach and a BBQ in my friends back yard in the South Bronx yesterday, so I wasn't crazy exhausted while dealing with the car thing this evening.

I haven't left the office before 8 for the last week at least. Friday I was there till midnight trying to resolve a problem with one of the events we had. The guy who was supposed to organize it lied and is apparently a flake so John and I had to gather media contacts and local contacts for people to invite to an impromtu event as well as make sure the 13 people on that bus had a place to stay and eat. That's the short version.

Last week John had an immigration meeting in CA and Manolo and Alison both left to be speakers on the routes so I was the only one in the office doing the caravan work. It was insane. I think I had my ear away from a phone for a collective 30 minutes from 9 in the morning to 8 at night and every moment was spent multi tasking. It was kinda fun in a strange way.

Saturday i went to the post office and as I walked out I saw something I haven't seen here before. Some dude tried to steal this lady's purse. She wasn't gonna give it up and fortunately two enormous dudes were right there. A bunch of other people helped them wrestle the guy to the ground and he was screaming as if they were the ones doing something wrong.

Then, at the bbq last night a ton of teen kids were playing ball on the courts next to this school and suddenly out of all of their fun a fight broke out. It seemed like every person was fighting. That was pretty insane.

Other than that, I managed to stay at this nice place in Brooklyn up until the day I leave and I'm stoked. I'm a little bummed that I'm already leaving in 4 days though.

1 comment:

Mike Murrow said...

Hooray for random acts of violence!