Friday, May 23, 2008

Fighting fire with wind...and crickets

I took a bunch of stuff to my dad's house this week. It was the longest that I've stayed in my hometown in a few years...I was there for three long days!

I show up to my dad's house on Wednesday and immediately got in a fight...with a fire. The wind was blowing like crazy. It was pretty fun. i haven't done something like that in a while. I the process all of the mice and squirrels and gophers that were running from the fire were going toward my dad's house and we all started stepping on them. it was kinda fucked up but kinda fun too. It was like that game at Chuckee Cheeses where you knock the gophers on the head with the bat.

I went to an old friends house...he's an older guy. He was having a little bible study which was pretty painful to sit through but the guys were funny. One of the guys just let 10,000 crickets into his school as a senior prank. At one point i mentioned this softball team we used to play with called the Pink Pounders. The kids started laughing because they didn't think we got the joke. Then, the guy that had been on the team was talking about how they would get drunk and balls would hit them in the head. It's true, I saw it once, but the guys couldn't stop laughing about the pink pounders and balls hitting foreheads. In that way it was an entertaining bible study.

Other than that I just did my best to make my fundi family realize how absurd their beliefs are. It's fun for me...not a fight anyone can win but it's still fun.

Hmmm...balls on head, pink pounders, crickets, gopher stomp, fire fighting, fundi fighting...over all the best time I've spent in my hometown since i've moved away, well, sober at least.

No comments: